Ask your WordPress questions! Pay money and get answers fast! (more info)

leaflet.js & GoogleMutant - broken tiles after panning & zooming WordPress

  • REFUNDED

We are would need help in solving the issue at https://gitlab.com/IvanSanchez/Leaflet.GridLayer.GoogleMutant/issues/27 - please see all related infos & findings so far in the linked support ticket.
Any help on how to resolve this (blocker issue for our next release) is welcome!

Answers (1)

2017-02-18

Rempty answers:

The problem is the "memory consumption for will-change is too high."
This is related to the size of the map.
This happen because too many zones are being updated, and for the size of the map.
more info
https://dev.opera.com/articles/css-will-change-property/


Robert Harm comments:

thanks for the link - we will have a closer look. So the approach to solve the problem would be to optimize the CSS in your opinion?


Robert Harm comments:

we tried to completely disable will-change, unfortunately this didn't have an effect, the issue still remained. Even if you disable CSS completely, tiles are missing. Maybe this is not the right approach to solve this issue?


Robert Harm comments:

@Rempty: please have a look at the latest comment at https://gitlab.com/IvanSanchez/Leaflet.GridLayer.GoogleMutant/issues/27 where we shared some new findings


Rempty comments:

Hello
add this css after the leaflet.css
.leaflet-tile{
visibility: visible!important
}


Rempty comments:

https://jsfiddle.net/nxoxj0La/3/


Robert Harm comments:

thanks for the jsfiddle - we tried to add your suggested CSS to our maps - there seems to be an improvement when panning the map, where tiles now seem to be loaded correctly. Anyway when switching from e.g. OpenStreetMap to Google Mutant or initially loading a map (like https://www.mapsmarker.com/dev/pro/maps/fullscreen/layer/553/) this does not seem to have any effect.

I guess we need to invest more time in getting to know the real cause of this issue :-/


Rempty comments:

The problem is an incompatibility
Leaflet.markercluster with GoogleMutant
if you remove completly markercluster the googlemutant map loads fine


Robert Harm comments:

Thanks, but markercluster was not really the issue here. We did some further tests and found the EdgeBuffer leaflet plugin actually caused the missing tiles when switching basemaps. Explicitly setting the option edgeBuffertiles for GoogleMutant basemaps to 0 solved this issue for us.
Thanks anyway for trying to help to solve this issue!