Hi WP Experts --
Currently working on a WP project with the Woo plugin. Upgraded to WP 3.3 a few hours but been working on this feature before it was released. Granted, the update definitely broke some of my progress :)
<strong>Goal: Add a Custom Product Tab to Front End via functions.php.</strong>
- backend editor integrated into existing product data tabs (meta boxes).
- include, if possible, WYSIWYG Editor into custom panel.
- Need logic to enable custom tab on frontend (via checkbox or 'isset' logic?, show custom tab)
- instructions on how to include additional panels in the future.
<strong>What I have:</strong>
- Before the 3.3 release I had the custom product tab displaying in the backend with the WYSIWYG editor.
- It would output the data on the frontend.
- WYSIWYG editor no longer displays properly in custom meta box.
- Data input isn't always saved that's inputed in custom meta fields
<strong>Potential Pitfalls and Considerations with WP 3.3</strong>
- The new function/reference: wp_editor()
- Issue calling wp_editor() inside meta box: [[LINK href="http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_editor"]]http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_editor[[/LINK]]
custom tab on frontend: [[LINK href="http://cl.ly/0e461I1J3f241z3d2n2T"]]http://cl.ly/0e461I1J3f241z3d2n2T[[/LINK]] (model lineup)
custom tab on backend: [[LINK href="http://cl.ly/362m0y3G1M0l2o1z3P1K"]]http://cl.ly/362m0y3G1M0l2o1z3P1K[[/LINK]] (custom tab)[[/LINK]]
If you use my attached code it'll get you started. It sort of worked prior to wp 3.3 but now it's broken. I just need it tested, working, retested, perfected. Thanks!