Here are the basics:
I switched my site, BadJocks.com to Wordpress in May of 2010 and have been using the Mimbo theme (version 3.0) since then. Had a few problems getting it up and running, but seems to have worked well until recently.
The site got infected with malware last week and I panicked a bit trying to fix it myself before hiring a firm to clean it up. I upgraded from an older version of WP to 3.0.4 and also deleted a bunch of plugins that I thought I wasn't using or didn't need. Now, the site is clean, but I have two problems: First, I when I try to add images using the Media Library, instead of a nice pop-up window like I used to get it goes to a full screen. That wouldn't be a problem, except I don't seem to be able to insert the images into the post. I can see the items in my library, and can do everything I used to do with the images, but when I click on the Insert Into Post button nothing happens.
Second, I don't seem to be able to tag my posts anymore either. The section for Post Tags is on my WP dashboard, but it won't let me "add" and tags I type in, and also won't show me any "used" tags anymore either.
So, my guess is I their changed the permissions on the site somehow, I screwed up a setting that I am not seeing, or that I deleted an important plugin by mistake.
PLEASE NOTE: The problem is not the malware. That has been fixed (to the best of my knowledge.) I am not looking for a malware answer. I looking for answers as to why the features listed above do not work for me anymore.
Nilesh shiragave answers:
may be try re-uploading latest wordpress files.. other than the wp-content folder.. make sure to get a backup of all the files and database before doing this. also backup of the wp-config.php file from root as it contains database details of your server.
Step's to Upload WordPress files
1. Get the latest WordPress zip (or tar.gz) file.
2. Unpack the zip file that you downloaded.
3. Delete the old <strong>wp-includes</strong> and <strong>wp-admin</strong> directories on your web host / server (through your FTP or shell access).
4. Using FTP or your shell access, upload the new <strong>wp-includes</strong> and <strong>wp-admin</strong> directories to your web host, overwriting old files.
5. Don't upload '<strong>wp-content</strong>' folder as it will overwrite all your theme and image files.
6. Upload all new loose files from the root directory of the new version to your existing wordpress root directory other than the <strong>wp-config.php</strong> .
Let me know if you have any issues. or you can send me FTP details through my profile page send me a message.
Nilesh shiragave comments:
Problem solved. :) close this question.. and thanks for your patience.....
Nilesh shiragave comments:
Close this question as we already solved it :)