This is a general question really to see if anyone has done something similar and what the best way of going about it is.
I have created a new site on a development URL for a client that i need to replace the old site with including most of the content when complete.
However my client has Wishlist Member and a BBPress forum installed on her current site.
What's the best way to import the membership & forum content into the new designed site?
1. Take BACKUP of everything
2. You can use export facility of wordpress to transfer pages, post and categories etc
3. Then export your theme settings if you using any admin framework for it like options framework
4. Now Trasfer your plugins and theme from your Development site to Live
5. Import wordpress exported files (Note It will not overwrite any pages/posts It will add new pages and posts so you might need clean old pages and posts) Be careful here you accidentally do not loss data.
6. Activate theme and restore theme settings
7. If there is not export options facility in your theme then you might have to do all settings manualy (Regarding theme)
Never used it but this might be useful to you [[LINK href="https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-advanced-importer/"]]https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-advanced-importer/[[/LINK]]