I want to implement facebook connect. I've tried most of the plugins out there. Actually i've found one (but needs modification. Will come to that issue)
What i need is:
- I have login / register buttons
- I will put a simple "facebook connect" below.
- When a visitor comes, he will be able to login/register with normal ways.
- And if he clicks on "facebook connect" button, there are 2 possibilities:
1) This user's facebook credentials are already connected with this website. He will just be directed inside.
2) This user's facebook credentials are not registered.
2.a) This user already has an account inside. He should be warned that he can connect his account after logging in. He shouldnt create a new account if he has one already.
2.b) This user is a first time visitor. He should be redirected to a page showing "choose your username to be used for this site". (I dont want them to choose their e-mails. We can use facebook e-mails)
After choosing their usernames, they will be registered.
You dont have to create all the stuff from scratch. There is a plugin very close to my need is:
However, it needs a tweak:
It handles the "normal login" and "facebook login" together. These two should be seperate! It redirects you to a register page, even if you have a username for the site. You need to "Logout from facebook" to get rid of this.
And also, you cannot register in "normal ways" if you are connected to facebook.
I just want:
- Members and non-members should be normally login normally through "..wp-login.php" page.
- A visitor should be redirected to "register with facebook credentials" page ONLY if they push the "facebook Connect" button.
(members should be warned that they can connect their account to facebook, without creating a new account with facebook)
And as i said, we will ask only for username.
Maybe we will need a new registration page for this? Or i dont know..
You can take a look at the duplicate of my website. But actually it is website independent work. You can also try these in your test environment.
Sébastien | French WordpressDesigner answers:
use this plugin : [[LINK href="http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-facebookconnect/"]]http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-facebookconnect/[[/LINK]]
You can do something like that : [[LINK href="http://www.lareponsed.fr/"]]http://www.lareponsed.fr/[[/LINK]]
It's what you want ?