Hi I need a product slider similar to this
but that can output dynamic product list - i.e. related products on the single-product page, can anyone recommend something?
Couldn't find any plugin to do exactly what you want. But Found this: [[LINK href="http://codecanyon.net/item/product-slider-carousel-for-woocommerce/2710233"]]Product Slider Carousel for WooCommerce[[/LINK]].
This plugin fetches products from the categories you specify. You can get it modified to fetch products from the category the current product is from. Or even tags. That might work.
Also you can look into this [[LINK href="http://wordpress.org/plugins/related-posts-list-grid-and-slider-all-in-one/"]]Related Posts Slider[[/LINK]]. Should be possible to modify it to get products instead of posts.
The problem with fetching a specific category is that is misses out on cross sales opportunities, I also want to integrate the output from this plugin http://www.woothemes.com/products/recommendation-engine/
Is there a jquery script I can integrate manually?
I use [[LINK href="http://wordpress.org/plugins/nrelate-related-content/"]]nrelate[[/LINK]] on my site. It generates really good recommendations, and though it doesn't show in a slider, it does show in a group of images. This might be enough for you, but I also found a way for you to turn this group of images into a slider.
1. Install nrelate on your blog and wait for it to index your posts.
2. Set it to use image thumbnails and then ensure these are showing on your posts.
3. Download Caroufredsel from [[LINK href="http://dev7studios.com/downloads/66"]]here[[/LINK]] and extract the contents to somewhere memorable.
4. FTP into your server, and upload 'jquery.carouFredsel-6.2.1-packed.js' and 'jquery-1.8.2.min.js' into the root of your theme's directory.
5. Add links to jQuery and Caroufredsel to the head of your blog's theme, either directly editing the header.php or head.php file or using [[LINK href="http://wordpress.org/plugins/enhanced-header-footer-injections/"]]a plugin like this[[/LINK]]. This is the code:
<script src="<?php echo get_template_directory_uri(); ?>/jquery-1.8.2.min.js"></script>
<script src="<?php echo get_template_directory_uri(); ?>/jquery.carouFredsel-6.2.1-packed.js"></script>
6. Find out what div is wrapping your nrelate thumbnails and get the ID or class of it. Add to your header or footer the following code, replacing "theid" with #[therealid] or .[therealclass] as found:
So if your nrelate thumbnails are in a div with the class "nrelate", the code would be:
And if the id was "thumbnails":
For more details on installation, configuration etc see http://caroufredsel.dev7studios.com/